Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the following for any questions you have
In case, you did not find an answer use the message box at the end of page
💪𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 - Organic fruits, vegetables, and cereals contain more vitamins, minerals, and ant-oxidants as compared to conventional food. As per a recent study (the largest of its kind) by Newcastle University in the British Journal of Nutrition, organic food contains substantially higher (19-69%) antioxidants compared to conventional products which reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
🧬 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉 - Gut health refers to the balance of microorganisms in the digestive tract. In fact, as per Ayurveda, 95% of all diseases originate in the gut. Organic food is a natural probiotic as it is grown with the help of the naturally occurring microbes in soil as compared to conventional farming where the use of fertilizers destroys the soil microbiome.
🌳𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 - Organic soil acts as a natural reservoir for carbon dioxide through the carbon sequestration process and can reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. It also becomes more spongy and acts as a natural reservoir for water. Each 1 percent increase in organic matter in the soil helps it hold 20,000 gallons more water per acre and 10 tons of carbon per acre. In fact, studies have shown we can reverse the excess carbon in the atmosphere in 10 to 15 years by converting all farmland to regenerative agriculture.
👩🌾𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔 - Lastly, organic farming increases income for the farmers as they get better prices for organic fruits and vegetables. Usually, organic farmers go for crop rotation, multi-cropping, mulching, and using natural cow manure which also reduces their input costs and frees them from the debt burden. It also gives them a sense of great pride to serve healthy food to customers.
📋Strictly defined parameters for natural farm selection. Most farms don’t make the cut.
🔎Regular image-based and in-person monitoring process
👨🌾Verified by award-winning natural farmers
🚜Frequent videos from our farms
🚘Farm visits/chat with farmers on request
You can select the size of the basket based on your requirements. The mix of fruits or vegetables would be changed so that it's not boring and all your nutrition requirements are taken off. You can also specify what you like or don't like and we'll try our best to take that into consideration.
We are better than an organic store in so many ways. The list is so long, do you have the time to read it?
- Curated basket - Firstly, we will curate the basket for you with the choicest selection of fresh fruits or vegetables that takes care of all your nutrition requirements. It takes away the hassle of ordering every time and offers an element of a nice surprise.
- Meal plan - We will offer a customized meal plan based on your taste preferences so you can reap the maximum benefit from the basket keeping in mind how long each vegetable stays fresh after harvest. Next time your cook asks - 'Didi kya banana hai?' just show him/her the meal plan.
- Home delivery - Lushful will deliver a curated basket of farm-fresh, organic fruits and vegetables straight to your home as compared to standing in a queue in an organic supermarket.
- Fresher produce - We promise to deliver the produce within 12 hours after harvest from the farm as compared to the supermarket where the produce usually reaches after 72-96 hours.
- Healthier fruits & vegetables - Also, in terms of nutrition, you would find our fruits and vegetables better than most supermarkets. And we are not just saying that we have lab reports to prove it.
- Better for farmer - Our model is better for the farmer as well as they get paid 3 times higher than the normal mandi prices and there is minimal wastage of farm produce.
- Zero food waste - In general, the perishable food supply chain has from 30-40% wastage because of multiple intermediaries and the inventory model of purchase. As we operate on a zero inventory model where we harvest only after we receive an order and fetch the produce straight from the farmer without any middlemen there is zero wastage.
- Irrefutable proof of organic produce - We offer organic certification of farms, the exact farm details from where the produce is sourced, and test results from lab/device that shows our produce is grown naturally in a chemical-free environment. This is currently the best in the industry.
- Community of conscious consumers - Eventually, we want to create a community of conscious consumers who can interact with each other on our app and grow together on a journey towards healthy living and having zero carbon footprint.
Still looking for more details regarding the subscription? This should help.
Standard veg basket - suited for 2 adults + 1-2 children/elders
Small veg basket - suited for 1-2 adults
Standard fruit basket - Offers 4kg of assorted fruit
Combo basket - Offers both fruits and vegetables for 1 adult
You can always reach out to us and we can help you choose a basket based on your requirements.
Here is the general mix of the vegetable basket:
- Greens - Coriander (Dhaniya), Spinach (Palak), Fenugreek (Methi), Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta) + 1 additional
- Salad - Cucumber, Beetroot, Carrot, Radish
- Staples - Onion, Tomato, Potato, Garlic, Lemon, Chilli
- Vegetables - There would be 4-5 vegetables depending on the season like gourds, beans, pumpkin, brinjal, lady's finger or okra, etc.
The type of fruits would really depend on the season as we are fetching straight from local farms without any cold storage produce. However, we are sure you will be delighted to see our collection including both regular and exotic.
The mix of fruits or vegetables would be changed on a weekly basis so that it's not boring and all your nutrition requirements are taken off. You can also specify what you like or don't like and we'll try our best to take that into consideration.
Do You Have Any Question?
If you could not find your answer in the FAQs, please use the message box below
We will get back to you within 24 hours